Tuesday, February 8, 2011

After the Kiss by Terra Elan McVoy

After the KissAfter the Kiss by Terra Elan McVoy

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a really different read, and I mean that in a good way. Mostly. This story was written from alternating perspectives: Becca and Camille. Liked that. Becca and Camille wrote in two different styles: Becca's parts were written in poems and Camille's a part was written free-verse prose (a little like stream of consciousness, if you ask me.) I liked that. In fact that is what kept me reading. I'm not much of a poetry girl, so it stretched me a bit. Also, while things were vaguely implied, this book was clean. Liked that.

What I didn't like was the intensity of the "love" of the teenagers. Drove me crazy. Really? At 17? I thought it was annoying, but it resolved itself in the end.

Overall, a great read especially if you are looking for something different.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo