Friday, April 29, 2011

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Amy & Roger's Epic DetourAmy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a fun, quick YA read. While there were several things I liked about the book, it was overall just okay for me mostly because I didn't love the ending.

Positives: Good main characters and GREAT minor characters (Brownyn, Cheeks, Walcott, Lucien.) Fun plot. I loved all how the author added plenty of local specialties to the road trip. I enjoyed how some of the story was told through the scrapbook, very clever.

Not so great for me: Some of the conflict felt too heavy and overdone. Small doses of strong language, mostly from Charlie. The ending didn't match the book (or my values.)

If you like YA fiction, the positives outweigh the negatives. You should read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo