Sunday, April 3, 2011

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)Across the Universe by Beth Revis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I give this a 4 for great story telling but a 2 for a particularly bizarre-o plot point. That averages out to a 3.

This book is out of my normal reading genres. It reminded me a lot of Stephanie Meyer's "The Host." Futuristic. Science Fiction-ish. With good characters and interesting story. But then several chapters in (during the "Season", oh you'll know what I mean when you read it) the book became creepy and offensive for a short period of time. I thought the author could have kept the plot the same without getting so descriptive. It was supposed to be offensive and creep you out, but because this is a book aimed at YA readers, I thought it was overboard. Otherwise, good reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo