Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg

Prom and PrejudiceProm and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Disclosure: Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book. I have read several of the modern remakes of P&P. (Cowboy religious, British play, Florida retirees, I've read them all.) They ranged from terrible to painful. To be fair: How can you remake the best book ever written?

With that said: Prom and Prejudice was all that a YA modern day P&P should be: fun and entertaining. I thought her plot followed the P&P format fairly well. As I read I found myself anxious to see how Eulberg will work the plot into her modern day story. What will she do with Collins? How will the first proposal work in? So enjoyable to see it all unfold.

Without giving away plot, I liked the first 3/4 of the book better than the last 1/4. I thought the plot towards the end of the book was weaker and didn't follow the original as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo