Monday, May 16, 2011

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

Sarah's KeySarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would say 3.5 stars.

Every time I read or study the Holocaust, I find it as shocking and (deeply) disturbing as the first time I learned about it. Time and age have not lessened the blow for me. The horrific brutality surprises me every time.

This book alternates between France WWII and modern day. I was grateful for the modern day narrative to break up Sarah's heartbreaking story. I also enjoyed the very short chapters. The plot lines moved quickly, which made reading about a tough subject a little easier. It was interesting to learn about what happened in France (I had no idea.) I was not as interested in the modern day story, but overall it was a good read.

We will have lots to talk about book club.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo