Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer

The Book of FateThe Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sometimes it takes a poorly written book to appreciate just how hard it is to write a particular genre. I have never thought of Grisham, Brown, or Baldacci as "great writers" more "great storytellers." Meltzer's "Book of Fate" helped me understand just how difficult it is to write a compelling thriller.

Book of Fate is a "B" book (ala B movies.) It just isn't as good as the real thing. There are lots of things to overlook but that doesn't mean it wasn't kind of fun. I really liked some of the characters and the plot was interesting. I also was grateful that this book was mostly clean (barring some sporadic strong language.) Overall, the book had some big flaws but I kept reading.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kira said...

I felt the same way about Meltzer-- really made me appreciate Dan Brown. I love these book reviews. I just finished "Matched" (at your suggestion) and really liked it! Keep it up!

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo