Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Did you all have a nice Mother's Day? I did.

The day started out quite lovely with my family making me breakfast. Food that I don't prepare always tastes a little more delicious. Then off to church. I am posting a picture of my outfit because 1)It's adorable and 2)I made this skirt, or maybe I should say I helped make this skirt.

After church, I took a nap. My husband made me dinner. I opened up some presents.

I got the bowl I asked for. And as is typical Mark gift giving, two more with it. (My son took this picture. You may or may not notice that the new bowls match my skirt, this was not planned.)


The favorite gifts are always these treasures:
Cute story:
My youngest asked, "What do you want for Mother's Day?" I rattled off a few items.
"Do you want a bookmark?" she asked nonchalantly.
"Oh, I would love a bookmark!" I replied.
Giggles and huge grin.

You can see that I got my bookmark. I could not love it more.

Sitting with my gifts was this adorable little guy.



I, being a bit of a novice, thought it was a fun little toy given or maybe made by one of the kids. It was from my husband. It's a gift card holder from our friends at Anthropologie.



The rest of the day was spent lounging around and eating carrot cake.

It is also worth noting when talking about Mother's Day that both Mark and I had pretty rocking childhoods. Thanks moms! We love you!

4 comments:

The Williams Family said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I love your skirt.

Becca said...

That is a really cute outfit on you. It gives you such a beautiful hourglass shape. Just look how tiny your waist is!

Meredith said...

Cuteness! Make me one? :)

Trista said...

We bought that same fabric for Emily. Love it!

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo