Monday, March 8, 2010

One Bow Tie Please

On Saturday, my son was baptized. (In our church, we are baptized at the age of 8.)


I asked him if he wanted to get a new suit in honor of this special day. He said, "No, I don't need a new suit, but I would really like one of those bow ties." He has always walked to his own beat and that is why we love him. I think he rocked the bow tie, do you agree?


He shared the day with his buddy. They were born a couple of weeks apart. I can't believe they are old enough to be baptized!

It was such a wonderful day. We were surrounded by our amazing friends and family - Mark's parents came out from California. I will write more about it on my private blog but can't resist an opportunity to testify: Baptism is a saving ordinance. The Spirit is a gift from God.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

My two kids' baptisms are some of the best days of my life, truly.

He looks so cute in that tie. (Jane has Avery's dress, btw)

Darci said...

Man, he is cute stuff!

How wonderful. I wish we could go to every niece's and nephew's baptism.

Tera said...

I can't believe he's already eight. Your kids are growing up so fast!

Love the bow tie.

laura said...

Looking good!

We had the same sweet experience on the same day. I was overwhelmed with joy. It's fun to know you were doing the same thing.

Meredith said...

That's so cute that he wanted a bow tie for his special day!

Sorry we couldn't make it. :( It would have been loverly to be there for that time in your family's life!

heidi said...

wow. life is really going on without me. i was really hoping it wouldn't. this post hit me kind of hard.
congratulations to h-money. wish i could have been there.
my dad LOVES bow ties.

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo