Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine's Decor ala Carie

I especially like to decorate for Valentine's day because I secretly I want to (permanently) decorate my house in pink and red. They are such happy colors.

This was my favorite creation of the season: a red frame with the word kiss and then a picture of my husband and I happily demonstrating.


I made these pillows about 5 years ago and still love them.

This year I made these "vases" from cans and then covered them with scrapbook paper. They go nicely with this red and white vase I already own. It still looks a bit empty. I think I'll make a few more.


Love the sparkly candles.

My friend taught me this trick: using a place mat on a table or kitchen island. Perfect size. I thought the red toile was a good fit for Valentine's day.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Love it! Seriously, come decorate my house. I mean it!

Carie said...

Mom- you picked a good day to take pictures because 5 days l8er the candies are all gone. :D I wonder who did that:).
HAiley
(not the one that ate the candy)

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo