Friday, June 3, 2011

French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano

French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for PleasureFrench Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed reading this book. Not necessarily a diet book, more like a lifestyle book. The author is not a nutritionist. She just gives good common sense advice that you've heard before. Avoid drastic diets, Drink lots of water, Eat smaller portions, Don't deprive yourself, Walk a lot, etc. The last two pages are bullet points of great advice.

Allow me to get personal for a moment? I have always been small. Not tiny but small. (Except for when I am pregnant then I swell like Violet Beauregarde. Ginormous, no lie.) Most of which is thanks to fantastic genes. But also due to the fact that I work out 4-5 days a week, drink buckets of water, and eat reasonably most days. If I completely pig out one day, the next day I take it easy. Maybe most women won't be exactly my size if they exercised and ate like me. That's where the lucky genes come in. (Oh gosh, that sounds more obnoxious than I intended.) But the point is: if you exercise and eat well you will look (and feel) great. I guess that was a long, possibly offensive and self-aggrandizing, way of saying I agree with the book. While I've never really dieted, I live this way. Perhaps there is some French in me?

That's basically what this book says. But she also talks about being French, growing up in France and living in America. I thought it was all lovely.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo