Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cleaning the House

Tuesdays we clean the main level, spotless. Vacuum, Scrub, Shine, Dust, Organize.








I love my house clean. It gives me peace. It makes me happy.

Then, I went upstairs which was clean yesterday. This is what I saw:







I was reading my scriptures today and came across this. It is exactly how I feel about trying to keep my house clean. In parenthesis I added the words to liken the scriptures unto myself:

Alma 56:16-17 "Yea, and (I was) depressed in body as well as in spirit, for (I) had fought valiantly by day and toiled by night to maintain (my home); and thus (I) had suffered great afflictions of every kind. And now (I am ) determined to conquer this place or die."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha!!! I was about to get really annoyed at you, but then I saw the bottom set of your pictures and laughed. Sooo much like my house. I swear the toys are like bunnies! Never ending, isn't it!!

Heidi Lyn said...

Ooooh hope you don't die!

Jeppson Clan said...

that scripture has new meaning for me! i know how you feel though, then matt will remind me that it will only be a few short years til our house is empty and clean and sterile. then i might miss the messes...probably not though. :)

Bump and Erin said...

Ha ha! I love it!!

Nicole said...

Haha perfect scripture! Your house is beautiful, it'll never be perfect with people living in it!

Darci said...

Many times after I get done cleaning I say “cleanliness is next to godliness” or “peace be still”. I just LOVE a clean house.

Tera said...

This really made my day. Thanks for the laugh! I believe you will conquer it in the end. :)

Becca said...

I know the feeling. btw, I love your kitchen.

MissRochelle said...

Oh C. Your kids rooms bring me peace- I'm pretty sure your wonderwoman wrapped in a tiny bow, but you just might have days like the rest of us.

I have something to aspire to! hah!

NoUtahCo said...

I hope none of my handlers were involved in the mess at your house. If so, just let me know and I will drop the hammer.

NoUtahCo said...

That scripture reference is Gospel Gold!!!!! Next ward council drop that as the spiritual thought.

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo