Thursday, June 17, 2010

When it Rains

Last night while driving to dinner, we got (another) crazy rainstorm.
A downpour the likes you've never seen, complete with thunder,lightening and torrents of rain. We were literally dripping wet once we got in the restaurant.
With wet clothes and wet hair, we froze in the air conditioned restaurant.
We ate.

We drove home.
The power was out.
No power = no working garage door.
Managed to get inside.
No lights.
No air conditioning.
No alarm.
Little sleep.
Until 3:330am.
We've got power.

Our basement flooded.
We were supposed to have our basement floors sealed today.
Can't seal concrete with an inch of water on it.
Had to use the wet-vac to clean up the water.

I dyed my hair.
It is black.
Not on purpose.
(At least it's not brassy red.)

My sister called.
She found the sweater I wanted but was sold out.
It's not sold out.
She's mailing it to me.

It's fun when one happy thing can rule out lots of annoying things.

4 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

Glad you're getting the sweater. I'm sorry about everything else. Literally raining, eh? Bummer.

Tera said...

Wow! I'm sorry about all the misfortune. But the sweater is beautiful. :)

janice said...

I never did find that sweater. =(
Glad you were able to get one! =)

Becca said...

ooooh, i love that sweater! which store did your sister get it from?

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo