Thursday, March 12, 2009

How To Make Mark's Cake

Mark's mom taught me how to make this cake. It is legendary. Every Skinner is genetically predisposed to love this cake.
Start with a store bought Devil's Food Cake mix. Bake it according to package directions in 2 round pans. Once cooled, remove from pans. Cut each cake in half. Use a serrated knife, it's easier.


Lift off the layer, and add a HUGE spoon of Cool Whip* defrosted in the fridge. (*if you are not Skinner you can use real whip cream. It is way yummy.)

Spread the Cool Whip around.

Repeat. Repeat.
Repeat.
I add a big dollop on top.

Then, you must put the cake back in the fridge for several hours (preferably overnight.) It helps the Cool Whip settle. Next, frost the sides of the cake and the part of top not covered with Cool Whip.
Then rock your the world with a fantastic cake.

3 comments:

Heidi Lyn said...

This cake looks delicious! Maybe when I'm back in Florida, we can try to make it for family dinner.
Thanks Carie.

Meredith said...

Yummmmmmm.

Jeppson Clan said...

This cake is yummy. I will always remember you making it for me when I had Asher, it was one of the best post pregnancy comforts I've ever had.

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo