Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This morning

This morning on my 4.3 (but who is really counting) mile run, I listened to Terry Gross interview Jack Black.  It was really funny and kept my mind off the fact that I was running and sore from yesterday's workout.  It was not quite as funny as her interview with Jason Bateman.  And not nearly as funny as her interview with Jon Stewart, which is also known as The Funniest Terry Gross Interview of All Time, according to me.

She played a portion of this song which first made my jaw drop and then made me guffaw.  Neither of which is conducive to breathing while running.

 

I've never seen the movie High Fidelity, but tried to read the book.  The book was kind of boring and so full of language (those crazy Brits!) that I gave it a pass.  But this clip makes me think I should reconsider.


Last night we took the whole family to see The Avengers.  It was all that I dreamed of and more.  SO fun.  SUPER clean.  I think it would make basis for a solid Family Home Evening lesson (cue my children's groans and eye rolls.)  Avengers is about selflessness and teamwork and looking for people's strengths instead of their weaknesses.  And defeating the bad guys!  If I do have a FHE lesson on it, I think the opening song will be "We're All in This Together" from High School Musical.  Good thing I already know the dance moves!

Now I am off to clean my house and go to Trader Joes.  I love my life.

6 comments:

Darci said...

We enjoy Jack Black too (when he keeps it clean).
We are going to see The Avengers this weekend, you've got me even more excited. I love to find truely good movies!

heidi said...

thomas and i have watched all the super hero movies recently in anticipation of seeing the avengers this weekend while my mom is here. she's visiting and not afraid to babysit 2 kids and a newborn. frankly that scares me.
anywhoo, i can't wait to start running again. so excited. june 6th is my first post-partum run. and this is my next race. skip the kc half this year and take a quick trip down to greenville.

http://www.halfmarathons.net/usa_half_marathons_south_carolina_spinrx_run_fest_half_marathon.html

justjen said...

Carie, this post is just oozing with so many things I adore about you! Love your writing style, it's the same way you speak, real, witty and unapologetic. 4.3 miles but who's really counting...totally you to be listening to be listening to an interview while running, I on the other hand am convinced my legs cant possibly move without music. And of course your review on the movie brings you around to a FHE moment, totally on the ball and always bringing it back to what matters most. Truth is there is a perfect song for every occasion, love that you, know all the moves to yours! Of course you love your life, you work hard to make it the best it can be and maintain perspective, a great sense of humor, and always kep it real. Love you friend!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Arlington sign, I was just there today visiting my mom! I took my kids by The Fountain for milkshakes, where I used to work in high school (22 years ago-oh my!). By the way, you need to watch High Fidelity. I adore John Cusack, it is a great fun movie.

Fashion Allure said...

Enjoy the Jack Black .So wonderful!!!

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

God bless you with massive discernment... you'll need it. And I'll see you in the Great Beyond someday soon. B@peace.

Goodreads Account

Widget_logo